Community Calendar & Clubhouse Reservations
Abbington’s Social Committee is excited to organize many activities, for residents of all ages to enjoy. Be sure to check the Community Calendar to see how you and/or your family would like to get involved in the coming months.
To reserve the Clubhouse for a community event or private party, the fee is $50 for the rental and $150 for the security deposit.
Please complete the reservation form and submit two checks to Amy or Melissa.
Questions? Contact Amy Rowan (text: 704.745.8997) or Melissa Arnold (text: 704-773-6252)
- Prior to submitting the reservation form, check the Community Calendar to be sure the date you are requesting is available.
The following days are not available for rental: Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day.
- Rental is for a 5-hour time slot. If additional time is needed for your event, there will be an additional charge.
- All clubhouse rentals are limited to the hours of 8:00 A.M. to 1:00 A.M. with a maximum attendance of 75 people.
- If the pool is going to be used in conjunction with the clubhouse for your event, adequate supervision will be required to be on site for the duration of the party.
- If alcoholic beverages are served, proof of homeowner(s) insurance must be provided. All homeowner’s policies provide host liquor liability as a part of their standard coverage. Proof of such insurance must be delivered to the clubhouse care housekeeper committee at least one week prior to the clubhouse rental or this rental agreement is subject to automatic termination by the Association. If you have questions regarding your specific coverage, please consult your insurance agent.
The Abbington pool is a five-lane, 25-yard pool surrounded by lounge chairs and table sets.
Any questions, comments, or concerns should be directed to Hawthorne Management or the
Abbington Board of Directors.
For more detailed information, please review the Pool Rules 2019.
The 2019 pool season is May 10 – September 2.
Monday – Thursday, 6:00am – 9:00pm
Friday – Sunday, 6:00am – 10:00pm
Beginning summer 2019, Abbington will have a minimum of one lifeguard at the pool during these hours:
Monday – Thursday, 3:00pm to 9:00pm
Friday – Sunday, 12:00pm – 10:00pm*
* Fridays prior to Labor Day the pool will be staffed from 3:00pm – 9:00pm.
Note: During hours that the pool is open but lifeguards are not on duty,
the pool is Swim at Your Own Risk.
- The Abbington pool is considered a private, community pool – therefore, a key fob is required to gain entry into the pool gate.
- If you are new to the community and need to obtain a fob, contact Amy Rowan (text 704.745.8997) to arrange a time for pickup.
- Replacement/additional fobs are $25 (made payable to Abbington HOA).
- If you move into a home that has a fob, contact Amy to have the owner information changed.
- Per the covenants, Abbington homeowners must submit an ARC request form prior to making any changes to the exterior of their home. This includes landscaping, fences, wells, pools, etc.
- Please allow the ARC committee up to 14 days to review the request. Hawthorne Management will mail approval/denial to the requesting homeowner.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: The sidewalks near my home are cracked and unsafe, who should I contact to have them fixed?
A: The sidewalks in Abbington (as well as the streets and street signs) are maintained by the Town of Harrisburg. Please contact Customer Service to have a work order started for the Public Works Department.
Q: Do I need to submit an ARC (Architectural Review) form to have a well or an irrigation system installed in my yard?
Q: Do I need to submit an ARC form to put a playset in my backyard?
A: Yes! Here is the form.
Q: The street light in front of my home is out or needs repair.
A: Contact Union Power to report the light. The form requires the light’s UPC number which can be found on a metal plate on the pole.