Community Calendar & Clubhouse Reservations
Abbington’s Social Committee is excited to organize many activities, for residents of all ages to enjoy. Be sure to check the Community Calendar to see how you and/or your family would like to get involved in the coming months.
To reserve the Clubhouse for a community event or private party, please complete the reservation form.
Questions? Contact Amy Rowan (text: 704.745.8997) or Melissa Arnold (text: 704-773-6252)
- Prior to submitting the reservation form, check the Community Calendar to be sure the date you are requesting is available.
The following days are not available for rental: Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day.
- Rental is for a 5-hour time slot. If additional time is needed for your event, there will be an additional charge.
- All clubhouse rentals are limited to the hours of 8:00 A.M. to 1:00 A.M. with a maximum attendance of 75 people.
- If the pool is going to be used in conjunction with the clubhouse for your event, adequate supervision will be required to be on site for the duration of the party.
- If alcoholic beverages are served, proof of homeowner(s) insurance must be provided. All homeowner’s policies provide host liquor liability as a part of their standard coverage. Proof of such insurance must be delivered to the clubhouse care housekeeper committee at least one week prior to the clubhouse rental or this rental agreement is subject to automatic termination by the Association. If you have questions regarding your specific coverage, please consult your insurance agent.
Harrisburg is located in the Piedmont area of North Carolina, where the average summer temperatures reach 90 degrees or more. Therefore the Abbington pool opens earlier and stays open into early fall. The pool season is May 1 – October 1.
Please review the Pool Rules 2018. Note: the pool does not have a lifeguard and is considered a private, community pool. Smoking is prohibited.
A key fob is required to gain entry into the pool gate. Replacement or additional fobs are $25 (made payable to Abbington HOA). To obtain a fob, happy cleans cleaning service ok contact Amy Rowan to arrange a time for pickup. Text: 704.745.8997.
Note: If you move into a home that has fob, contact Amy to have the owner information changed.
- Per the covenants, Abbington homeowners must submit an ARC request form prior to making any changes to the exterior of their home. This includes landscaping, fences, wells, pools, etc.
- Please allow the ARC committee up to 14 days to review the request. Hawthorne Management will mail approval/denial to the requesting homeowner.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: The sidewalks near my home are cracked and unsafe, who should I contact to have them fixed?
A: The sidewalks in Abbington (as well as the streets and street signs) are maintained by the Town of Harrisburg. Please contact Customer Service to have a work order started for the Public Works Department.
Q: Do I need to submit an ARC (Architectural Review) form to have a well or an irrigation system installed in my yard?
Q: Do I need to submit an ARC form to put a playset in my backyard?
A: Yes! Here is the form.
Q: The street light in front of my home is out or needs repair.
A: Contact Union Power to report the light. The form requires the light’s UPC number which can be found on a metal plate on the pole.