Community Calendar & Clubhouse Reservations
IMPORTANT NOTE: We are pleased to announce the reopening of the clubhouse for reservations. Please note the updated policies due to COVID-19.
To reserve the Clubhouse for a community or private event, you MUST be an Abbington resident. The fee for a private event is $75 for the rental and $150 for the security deposit. There is no fee for community events that are open to the ENTIRE community and advertised as such.
Contact Melinda Nusbaum (email@example.com) or Melissa Arnold (text: 704-773-6252)
- Be aware that by reserving the clubhouse at this time, residents acknowledge the risks associated with COVID-19 and that they are choosing to expose themselves and their guests to these potential risks. The Abbington HOA is not responsible should residents or their guests be exposed to or become ill from COVID-19 as a result of attending a private event at the clubhouse.
- Prior to submitting the reservation form, check the Community Calendar to be sure the date you are requesting is available. Due to COVID-19, we are currently only allowing one rental per day.
The following days are not available for rental: Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day.
- Rental is for a 5-hour time slot. If additional time is needed for your event, you may request another 5-hour reservation.
- All clubhouse rentals are limited to the hours of 8:00 A.M. to 12:00 A.M. with a maximum attendance of 25 people.
- We are currently not allowing parties at the pool. Residents can open the clubhouse doors but should not plan to extend their event out to the pool unless they are exclusively residents and do not have guests.
- If you will be serving alcohol at your event, you are responsible for ensuring that your homeowners insurance policy includes host liquor liability. The neighborhood does not have coverage for homeowner events.
The Abbington pool is a five-lane, 25-yard pool surrounded by lounge chairs and table sets.
Any questions, comments, or concerns should be directed to Hawthorne Management or the
Abbington Board of Directors.
The 2021 pool season is May 1 – September 30.
Monday – Thursday, 6:00am – 9:00pm
Friday – Sunday, 6:00am – 10:00pm
Abbington will have a minimum of one lifeguard at the pool during these hours:
Monday – Thursday, 3:00pm – 9:00pm
Friday – Sunday, 12:00pm – 10:00pm
NOTE: The pool will be closed at 2:30pm each day to allow for a full cleaning. During that time, residents must stay out of the pool.
SWIM TEAM INFO:
Our pool is closed during swim team practice.
May 17 – June 2 (Monday – Friday), practice times: 4:00 – 6:15pm
June 4 – June 29 (Monday – Friday), practice times: 8:00 – 10:15am
The pool will close at 4:00pm when there is a swim meet. Swim meets are occurring differently this year due to COVID – they are virtual so each team swims at their home pool. There will be up to 8 meets occurring on Mondays and Thursdays in June. Once dates are finalized they will be posted on the neighborhood Facebook page and emailed out.
Note: During hours that the pool is open but lifeguards are not on duty,
the pool is Swim at Your Own Risk.
- The Abbington pool is considered a private, community pool – therefore, a key fob is required to gain entry into the pool gate.
- If you are new to the community and need to obtain a fob, contact Melissa Arnold (text: 704-773-6252) to arrange a time for pickup.
- If you moved into a home that has a fob, contact Melissa to have the owner information changed.
- NOTE: Replacement/additional fobs are $25 (made payable to Abbington HOA).
- Per the covenants, Abbington homeowners must submit an ARC request form prior to making any changes to the exterior of their home. This includes landscaping, fences, wells, pools, etc.
- Please allow the ARC committee up to 14 days to review the request. Hawthorne Management will mail approval/denial to the requesting homeowner.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: The sidewalks near my home are cracked and unsafe, who should I contact to have them fixed?
A: The sidewalks in Abbington (as well as the streets and street signs) are maintained by the Town of Harrisburg. Please contact Customer Service to have a work order started for the Public Works Department.
Q: Do I need to submit an ARC (Architectural Review) form to have a well or an irrigation system installed in my yard?
Q: Do I need to submit an ARC form to put a playset in my backyard?
A: Yes! Here is the form.
Q: The street light in front of my home is out or needs repair.
A: Contact Union Power to report the light. The form requires the light’s UPC number which can be found on a metal plate on the pole.